Rocketlab has been working for Swiss, German and international companies for 20 years at the intersection between culture and technology. Over 100 experts spread over the globe develop, test and define products for our clients.
Innovation, operative excellence and appreciation to our employees influence the QA department of Rocketlab. We invest continuously in the development of our existing IT landscape and offer through progressive thinking and efficiency the best possible service to our business units.
To support our strategy, we are looking for the best talents who are willing to shape this challenging journey with us. If this appeals to you, then you should contact us.
Head of Test Automation
We have a tremendous remote or onsite opportunity for a Head of Test Automation to join our growing Test Automation team. This hands-on role would involve performing external, internal, and client facing projects combined with always latest test automation techniques.
- Identify client objectives and plan accordingly
- Perform pre-engagement tasks such as:
- Select/prepare tools & frameworks
- Set up new or enhance existing test frameworks within clients´ environments or Rocketlab TaaS tools
- Prepare support infrastructure
- Train, guide and lead your test automation team members
- Understand business/ testing needs and create testing framework accordingly with most current test techniques and tools
- Delegate work packages to your team members, monitor and improve velocity and efficiency
- Always set up robust and able-to-maintain test frameworks including documentation (ie. Wiki, Confluence, …)
- Interact with client pre-/post-engagement as well as during the engagement if needed
- Have the defensive knowledge to make recommendations that remediate the vulnerabilities and misconfigurations exploited during test. Understanding of a defense-in-depth strategy and best practices is a must
- Support test approach innovation
- Work within timeframe for engagement
- Test Automation based on Java, Ruby, Phython, VB Script (UFT) and others
- Web app testing, Native mobile app testing
- 5+ years experience in testing and test automation as well as other skills like penetration and/ or performance testing (at least know the basics)
- Hands-on experience with Selenium, Appium, (UFT would be a plus)
- Strong time management
- Ability to work independently
- Strong technical knowledge with a comfort level working on a wide variety of technologies and implementations
- Experience engaging clientele in consulting-related environments
- Strong understanding of security principles, policies, and industry best practices
Would be a plus:
- Applicable certifications: ISTQB, iSQI or simliar
- Knowledge of Micro Focus ALM, QC, UFT One, ALM Octane, TOSCA, LoadRunner, Neoload, …
Your contact person: Katrin Kirn (HR Business Partner)
We are looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool. You can find further interesting job opportunities from the Home Page or under our Jobs section.