Rocketlab has been working for Swiss, German and international companies for 20 years at the intersection between culture and technology. Over 100 experts spread over the globe develop, test and define products for our clients.
Innovation, operative excellence and appreciation to our employees influence the QA department of Rocketlab. We invest continuously in the development of our existing IT landscape and offer through progressive thinking and efficiency the best possible service to our business units.
To support our strategy, we are looking for the best talents who are willing to shape this challenging journey with us. If this appeals to you, then you should contact us.
PERFORMANCE TEST EXPERT
Right now we are looking for a highly motivated Performance Test Engineer who will be responsible for the performance testing for our clients‘ applications and environments.
- You understand the difference between reporting problems and helping solve problems and you have the ability to do both
- You have used JMeter, LoadRunner, NeoLoad, Gatlin or and other performance testing tool extensively
- You effortlessly form strong give-and-take relationships with everyone you work with
- After reading a functional specification, you can identify the performance and scalability concerns long before a single line of code is written
- You move seamlessly between solving problems yourself and employing the assistance of others when it makes sense to do so
- You’re an expert at conveying complicated statistics with clear and concise reports that highlight the most critical conclusions to even a non-technical audience.
- Review and comprehend product specifications to develop a clear, detailed understanding of project requirements
- Collaborate with other team members to determine product testing priorities, develop level of effort estimates and track and report progress
- Write performance test plans, create and automate test cases
- Execute test cases including collecting system and Java performance data during testing
- Consolidate test results into clear and concise reports
- Create and track detailed ALM Octane/ Jira issues for any performance or scalability problems
- Work closely with functional testers to ensure that any functional issues that may be revealed during performance testing are verified and reported
- Work with product managers to assess the impact and severity of performance issues and identify and track issues that must be fixed
- Work closely with developers to identify the root cause of performance problems
- Rapidly iterate through testing of solutions to verify their effectiveness.
- 3+ years of performance testing experience with multi-tier web based applications built using the Java/JEE technology stacks
- Extensive experience developing and executing automated performance tests utilizing LoadRunner, JMeter, Neoload or other enterprise or open source test tools
- Experience with Linux/Unix OS with command-line and shell scripting comfort level
- Experience with system and java performance analysis tools (YourKit experience a plus)
- Strong understanding of Internet technologies (e.g. E-Banking, Portals, Booking System, Administratal Applications, ..)
- Experience with MySQL databases and writing SQL scripts
- Experience with Apache web servers, JBoss and Tomcat app servers
- Experience with Java programming and debugging a plus
- Experience working in development environments using Agile methods
- English language ist a must, other language (e.g. German) is a plus
If the leading edge of load & performance testing is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
Your contact person: Katrin Kirn (HR Business Partner)
We are looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool. You can find further interesting job opportunities from the Home Page or under our Jobs section.